Tuesday, September 20, 2011

life gets in the way

Several times during the contest, life got in the way. I would be doing really good and then we would go to a family reunion, family would be in town, I would pick up an extra shift, or my sister-in-law would have a baby and need help with the other kids. It was a little frustrating to get side tracked and it took a little effort to get back on track, but I realized sometimes there are other things at the moment that are way more important that getting to the gym or tracking everything I ate. You do what you can at the time and try to watch what you eat or do a little something for exercise. I didn't lose much during those times, but I also didn't gain like I did during those times in the past. I always figured before that it was a free time that I didn't have to watch what I was eating or have to exercise at all. I thought I would just make up for it later, but that would never come and the weight didn't usually come off. I've realized now, that I always need to be aware of what I'm eating and my exercise, but I don't need to beat myself up over when it isn't a priority for awhile. I just need to get back in there and continue when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment